Friday, January 4, 2008

Mediocrity is the new Hot

(This isnt particularly Beat related but there is a correlation)

Why is normalcy the new excellence?

lets look at a two rappers for the sake of my question:

1. Young Joc
2. Mims

(I'm gonna exclude solja boy because he's only 17. But if your older than him and your a male and you bought his album, your a flaming homo. Just so you understand)

These are considered to be hot up-and-coming emcees. One is from NY and one is from ATL. Can you tell which is which if nobody told you? nope.

Have any of these two ever said anything that made you go "OOOOOh, that was ill!!" or "I like how he put that, that was dope"...no sir

lets go one step further and just disregard lyrics alltogether, have any of them made a dope song, that you wanted to hear more than once??...not even close!

Are they capable of making classic material? Have they come close to trying to make anything substantial and dope?? ...nein!

HOW ARE THESE TWO DUDES CONSIDERED TO BE THE NEW BREED OF YOUNG HOT RAPPERS?

If anybody says they like em, I ask them to defend themselves immediately. I dont care if they're a 11 year old girl or a 29 year old guy. I want to know what it is you like about any of those two rappers. Those two dudes music has no redeeming value what so ever.

This is not a (hip hop is dead or hip hop is alive) post,

I just want to know, how being a very unremarkable rapper can get you the utmost attention!! These n*ggas cant rap! Doesnt anybody else notice this?

Kinda like that one sudanese model named Alek Wek. She's jet black (nothing wrong with that, I like dark chocolate), bald and rail thin. I'd agree that most designer line models look mad wierd but why even front like Alek Wek is attractive. That woman looks like Baraka from Mortal Kombat II. She looks disturbing to me, but she's been in a gang of magazine ads and oprah and tyra and other shows, and I feel like the only one that thinks she is not only unattractive, but off-puttingly unattractive. It wouldnt be so bad if people werent like "She has unconventional striking looks bla blah blah" No she doesnt, she's just not attractive!!!
Harsh...perhaps
true...darn skippy and I defy anybody to say oh yeah, she's a dime.

same with Young Joc and Mims. These n*ggas music is mediocre and thats being very generous and they're getting all the press in the world, they're all on the radio/mags/TV and nobody is saying, I dont like them dudes at all, they're not good. And again, I feel like the only one that thinks that they suck balls hard.
They suck so bad I rather hear a chingy LP produced exclusively by the n*gga that did the laffy taffy beat, than a joc and mims collabo.

anyway, just thought I'd get that off of my chest.


no disrespect intended to Alek Wek, get that money baby girl......lol






p.p.s. In "This is why I'm hot" Mims never mentions why he's hot.

I remain unconvinced.

1 comment:

Elaquent said...

couldnt have sed it any better myself....

lmao @ baraka hahaha im still laughin at that shit